We live in a culture that does not condone the hitting of children and those parents or guardians who do so could possible face time behind bars. When I was growing up the occasional spanking was acceptable and I knew if I disobeyed my parents time out was not an option. Although I was raised with this from of environment it was never considered abuse when I was growing up. My mother is a very private person and the moment I started to cry she would not spank we at all. This kind of corporal punishment kept me in check, because I didn’t like being spanked I tried my best to obey my parents. Never did I once hear the word abuse mentioned, the whole community practiced this form of discipline and we knew that if we disobeyed we would be spanked.
Spanking today in outlawed however, it appears today children lack respect for their parents and adults on a hold. It also appears there are more cases of child neglect and child abuse. I am not a supporter of beating children however; there is place for discipline of its kind. I do not believe parents should just grab the nearest thing they can find to hit a child that is in my opinion is abusive. A child should not be thrown and beaten like baseball, discipline in this format usually end in serious abuse. In today’s society there are many ways to discipline a child and spanking should be the last resort.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment