It was a normal day at work and I was looking forward to going home at the end of my shift. My friend came to me in desperation, he continued to lament about how he had to go home to Canada and there was no one available to take to the airport. It was around eleven thirty and I was getting ready to go home. I was in no mood to drive any where else but home to my Sparkman Drive apartment. He was desperate and convincing I offered to take him to the airport. Before he left my work place that night I told him he would have to get another person to accompany us on the trip so I would not be driving back by myself.
The next morning I picked him up along with a friend and we headed for Nashville, there was a sense of trepidation as I headed to Nashville. Driving my sport utility vehicle felt strange in the rain and a part of me wanted to back out but, it was too late. As we continued on our way to Nashville the rain started to pour even harder and it made it very uncomfortable to drive. We about a mile from the airport and the exit sign said “to airport “however, I was in the left lane and I needed to be in the right lane. As I proceeded to change lane several vehicles were approaching and this made it unsafe to lane change, when I finally decided to change late it was too late. Within minutes we had hydroplaned and the vehicle lost control; we braced ourselves for the worst. Within minutes, what seemed like nightmare was over. The vehicle hit the side of a bridge and then it stopped. Miraculously, we were not hurt and the vehicle was only slightly damaged. We managed to drive to the airport and my passenger caught his flight to Canada on time.
After reaching the airport my vehicle died, it was towed to a garage and we had to ask for donation to return to Huntsville. It almost seems like a dream today but, it could have turned out worst, we could have been dead. What seemed like a good idea to help a desperate friend could have been fatal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment